Ground breaking for the student and event parking lot. Due to social distancing and safety, we decided to make a video of the ground breaking and have a bit of fun.
The student and event parking lot. is finally being paved, thanks to our amazing community for passing the bond. We can hardly wait to be able to hold events again, to welcome our community to join us &
have a beautifully paved lot for you to park in. The students are going really enjoy not having to navigate the large potholes and dust when they come to school. #D6Strong #D6proud #D6BetterTogether
- This is a Bond Funded Project – voters passed bond in May of 2019
- Expected completion date is in late October
- Students did not drive truck. They only sat in it and it was not running.
- The owner, Mike Taylor, who is a professional racer drove the truck.
- The parking lot was closed during the event with CPPD on site.
- Students were not at the site during the event, but joined us afterwards for the video footage.
- Total time of the truck use was less than 2 minutes and the dust dissipated quickly
- This was a planned stunt - CPPD leadership and D6 Administration were involved and approved of this planned event.