Conversion of Central Point Hospital (Asante) building to a 45,000 square foot elementary school. The design and construction of the school will be guided by the school’s focus on play-based educational models within primary grade levels (i.e. Kindergarten thru 2nd). The school will be built to accommodate over 300 students with infrastructure to increase the schools capacity to 550 in future years. The school will include 12 classrooms, a gymnasium/multi-use space, full kitchen, cafeteria space, administrative and support staff offices, common areas, and outdoor educational spaces; including a covered center courtyard.
Bond Goals Addressed
- IMPROVE MECHANICAL SYSTEMS FOR EFFICIENCY AND HEALTH
- IMPROVE SAFETY AND SECURITY
- ADDRESS OVERCROWDING
- CREATE FLEXIBILE LEARNING SPACES
Allocated Budget: $18.3M
Construction of our newest elementary school serving grades Kindergarten thru 2nd grade begins! Demolition activities are in full swing.
The community put the completion of the new parking lot at Jewett to use right away.
The new parking lot was used for 4th of July Parade Staging and Jackson County Fair parking overflow.
Formerly the ELC
- Project Manager: CPSD
- Architect: arkitect (Ashland)
- Engineer: Douglas Snyder (Medford)
- General Contractor: Vitus Construction (Gold Hill)
- Principal/School Contact Information: Maggie Staley
- District Contact Information: Spencer Davenport, Chief Projects Officer
- General Information: 541-494-6202, email@example.com